Strategic Finance Analyst
What We Do
Help Epic thrive on our business operations team with essential roles in HR/Recruiting, Legal,
Facilities, IT, InfoSec and more.
What You'll Do
This role reports directly to the Asia Pacific (APAC) Controller in Singapore. This role is based in Shanghai, China, and will form part of the core founding team for the APAC Controllership group. The APAC Controllership team is responsible for maintaining and driving controllership rigor and discipline and ensuring statutory and regulatory compliance for APAC entities, including China. This is a Team Lead role, with future opportunities to manage and build a small team.
In This Role You Will
• Ensure timely and accurate monthly close, reporting for the China entity to meet US Corporate reporting timelines on a US GAAP basis
• Responsible for review of monthly tax returns and related tax affairs, and other monthly regulatory reports, for timely and accurate filings
• Provide high quality and insightful financial reporting and analysis, including intercompany reconciliations, monthly balance sheet reconciliations and variance analytics
• Ensure compliance of all financial reporting and financial controls, coordinating finance related systems and drive finance process improvement in the company
• Ensure statutory accounts and tax filing compliance with local authorities for the China entity.
• Demonstrate an understanding of key tax concepts such as corporate taxation, VAT, transfer
pricing and withholding tax
• Be the key liaison to support the annual group and local audit process and respond to audit requests
• Maintain accounting records in compliance with statutory accounting policies and US GAAP/ IFRS
• Support the finance team with any additional ad hoc requirements/ new projects, including migration of finance systems
What We're Looking For
• Solid Accounting experience in PRC GAAP, including IFRS. US GAAP and consolidation experience is a plus
• Advanced skills with Excel (i.e., analytics, pivot tables, vLookup). Experience with tools to drive finance automation is a plus
• Strong professional oral and written communication skills
• Experience working with Senior Management in China including being the first point of contact
• Team Player, and self-motivated, able to work independent in a dynamic environment
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Bachelor's degree or similar degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or a related field, CPA, CA or equivalent
• Minimum of 8 years' experience with an International Company, in a controllership/ accounting role. A public accounting background will be a plus
• Experience with an ERP system is a must, Workday is a plus
• Experience with ERP or system implementation is a plus
• Fluent in written and spoken English and Mandarin, any other language is a plus
• Someone who is user-focused, organized, adaptable, passionate, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjvqww-3-234-211-61-42 in your application.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.