ENGINEERING - GAMES
What We Do
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of engineering experts. We're always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What You'll Do
Come be part of the excitement and energy to help continue building Fortnite into one of the biggest games in the world! We are looking for a Desktop Platform Programmer passionate about writing world-class, AAA game and engine code. The Desktop team focuses on stability, performance and quality-of-life features for Desktop platforms, primarily PC. If you're an experienced engineer looking for an opportunity to grow and contribute to Fortnite and Unreal Engine 5 across desktop platforms, we want to talk to you!
In this role, you will
• Improve the live Fortnite experience on Desktop platforms by debugging crashes and bugs
• Implement and improve various low-level systems that interface with platform APIs, i.e. graphics APIs, memory allocators (physical and virtual), file systems, input systems, etc.
• Analyze and continuously strive to solve and optimize problems related to a modern game engine (load times, memory usage and platform specific performance issues)
• Contribute features that benefit both Fortnite and Unreal Engine
What we're looking for
• Experience shipping a AAA game
• Strong programming background and C++ knowledge
• Experience with OS level systems on Windows, Mac or Linux
• Proficiency in one or more areas: graphics, DirectX, profiling, drivers, optimization
• Prior shipped projects with Unreal Engine is a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1npye-34-229-119-176-42 in your application.