What We Do
Push your artistic talent to the limit on a team of world-class environment, character and concept artists who strive to innovate and inspire.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is looking for an Associate Art Director - who will lead and collaborate with multidisciplinary artists - to help create and maintain elements of Fortnite's seasons. By working closely with the Product Art Director, you will be accountable for defining direction and collaborating with various departments to deliver Seasonal elements of Fortnite.
In this role, you will
• Be highly creative. Imagine and communicate your vision to the team to develop new content that players will love
• Interpret the needs of all development disciplines such as design and engineering into amazing final artwork
• Deliver effective feedback across all art disciplines - modeling, animation, etc
• Filter multiple sources of analysis and feedback into visual direction for creating new art and how it informs the player experience
• Work within the style of our projects with an eye towards driving the brand forward
What we're looking for
• Strong understanding of art fundamentals, multiple art styles, anatomy, and appeal
• Experience as an art lead or art director in a game studio
• Experience directing and supporting artists across multiple disciplines
• The ability to adapt to and innovate new styles and techniques
• Strong collaborative nature to partner with senior art directors and discipline leads.
• Strong leadership skills in order to lead a large number of people toward a singular vision
If you have a portfolio/reel/website you'd like to share, please hyperlink it to your resume, or submit it as an attachment with your application.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpe2we-18-206-92-240-42 in your application.