Master Control Operator
Sinclair Broadcast Group
Are you an individual that is interested with all things technology, and constantly looking at how tech can make life more efficient and stable? Intrigued by not only making technologies work, but learning how and why they work? Do you want to be on the forefront of an ever-evolving landscape, solving problems on a daily basis while helping deliver our product to the consumer in real-time?
What we do:
We are the second largest Radio Broadcaster in the United states, with over 240 terrestrial radio stations spanning across 48 cities, delivering audio to tens of millions of people a day…without exaggeration. This also includes our Radio.com streaming platform, and 2500+ owned and operated podcasts in addition to our on-demand content.
Entercom Corporate seeks a talented and driven individual to serve as a Technical Operations Center Technician. Positions are available in our Network Operations Center in Chicago.
What you will do:
• Save the day.
• Keep a birds-eye, over watching view of the entire company's technical operations.
• Provide direct technical support with local market engineers and board ops when necessary.
• Monitor automated and end user incidents, troubleshoot, and resolve problems remotely.
• Create reports on up-time, equipment failures, backup transmission site utilization, and other key metrics.
• Monitor the operation of broadcast radio stations and streaming equipment.
• Proactively monitor the on-air automation systems and the critical elements of Entercom's technical infrastructure.
• Actively seek out issues with a constant eye on each individual market and their technical systems – learning the patterns and identifying potential problems before they impact the consumer product.
• Assist in the development and organization of NOC programs as they are being developed and built.
• Communicate with local market engineers on a regular basis, assuring they are attuned to the NOC procedures and actions taken in their respective markets.
• Provide basic IT support including but not limited to: Resetting Account Passwords, Active Directory group permissions, etc.
• Make an impact.
• Passion for knowledge and the drive for personal development.
• Availability to work various hours / days, including weekends and holidays.
• The ability to learn on the fly, and retain information like a sponge.
• Strong time management skills, including the ability to multi-task in a multiple project environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong PC skills including proficiency with the Google Docs Suite.
What you might have:
• Two to Four years of college or technical school and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• IT & Network knowledge and experience.
• Experience with digital audio and audio streaming.
• Broadcast experience, technical and/or operational.
• Wide Orbit Automation experience.
• Broadcast Facilities knowledge and maintenance experience.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw873p-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.