Vice President Programming, Sports Radio
New York, NY
Are you a sports news fanatic with your finger on the pulse of trending digital content? CBS Sports Radio is looking for a highly motivated, creative and detail-oriented content producer who has the knowhow and drive to grow an audience online via multiple platforms. You live and breathe sports, and know how to identify the best moments, viral audio/video, and news to drive social engagement, mobile traffic and video views. You can work alongside a diverse team, know best practices for posting on social media, and can market content for both a digital and national audience.
The ideal candidate can ignite conversations in everything from traditional sports to the intersection of sports and culture. You have a sharp instinct of what both passionate and more casual fans will engage with, balanced with a commitment to content analytics. You thrive in a fast-paced, communication-driven team environment, and are on top of all of the latest sports news, including identifying social/Google trends and breaking news stories.
You will serve as content producer, reporting directly to CBS Sports Radio's Brand Manager, with a dotted line to RADIO.COM Sports' Mid-Atlantic Regional Lead.
You will communicate daily on real-time news coverage to produce content for the station's site and social accounts (including copy editing staff content, writing on over-the-air segments and exclusive interviews, and syndicating stories from the RADIO.COM Sports content team), plan organized event strategies, develop learnings from content performance data, double-down on successful content ideas, brainstorm new series concepts, and more-driving growth in digital listening and monthly active users.
Key Primary Duties Also Include
• Produce, publish and distribute both original and syndicated articles across CBS Sports Radio's O&O and social platforms, using best practices in video, SEO, and social sharing
• Own non-editorial digital needs of the station, including uploading show schedules, assisting with digital campaigns/promotions, and facilitating site updates/fixes
• Write in a style that is appealing for specific audiences (die-hard vs. casual sports news)
• Extensive knowledge of the major sports landscape (MLB/NFL/NBA/NHL) required, as well as general knowledge of other sports such as CFB/CBB
• Create content that drives audience growth and engagement for CBS Sports Radio's site, as well as distributing content that can appeal to local sports stations company-wide (such as WFAN, WEEI, and WIP)
• Understand reporting systems like Google Analytics and how to use data to drive audience growth
• Work very closely with hosts/producers in Identifying newsmaking moments from radio shows and podcasts and transforming them into articles for digital consumption.
• Pitching exclusive, news-making content to the national content team for press distribution and digital syndication.
• Be an effective communicator with strong versatility/adaptability to quickly pivot toward areas of opportunity
• Bachelor's Degree is required
• A minimum of 2-3 years of digital sports content creation experience. Flexibility to work nights/weekends as needed (sports news doesn't stop at 5 PM)
• Experience writing all sports content, ranging from straight news to passionate opinion and topical/evergreen lists
• Must have excellent writing skills and the ability to tell engaging stories to engage local and national audiences
• Strong self-editing skills with attention to detail in grammar, punctuation, and design layout
• Proven ability to grow social media reach/engagement
• Ability to post an engaging headline, article text and video with instant turn-around
• You understand key digital media KPIs (Total Listening Hours, Monthly Active Users, ComScore) and have produced results in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to own the news cycle to make judgments and react instantaneously and independently to key breaking/viral opportunities
• Basic Audio/video editing experience is important for role's versatility
• Strong SEO knowledge and expertise
• Photoshop experience is preferred, but not required
• Basic MS Office skills are required. Other systems you should have working knowledge of include: Google Analytics, Chartbeat, Slack, Dataminr, as well as how to use/navigate a Content Management System
RADIO.COM is Entercom's integrated digital platform where consumers discover and connect live with premium, curated content powered by over 235 highly rated, locally programmed radio stations and their websites, over 3,000 podcasts, audio on demand, and exclusive content across entertainment, music, news and sports. RADIO.COM offers anytime, anywhere access through our mobile app and website, home listening devices including Amazon Alexa, Echo and FireTV, Control4, Cortana, Google Home, Play and Chromecast, Grace Digital, Roku, and Sonos, as well as automotive dashboards and game consoles.
RADIO.COM Sports is the union of national coverage of major sports with the best network of local radio experts in sports media, including iconic stations such as WFAN, WEEI, and WIP. RDC Sports brings breaking news, exclusive interviews, and hard-hitting opinion on the biggest stories in sports through the lens of the authoritative local voices who know the players and teams better than anyone else.
RADIO.COM and RADIO.COM Sports are part of Entercom, a leading media and entertainment company, and one of the two largest radio broadcasters in the U.S.
Entercom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Entercom affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless
of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state,
or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment
opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Entercom, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Administrative Support Workers