Executive, Venture Licensing
United Talent Agency
Los Angeles, CA
• VIP & Membership Management
• Develop a new pipeline of VIPs and members for Frieze 91 and Off Diary
• Act as main point of contact for incoming VIP and member inquiries from the West Coast
• Support with outreach to participating galleries, museums, non-profit institutions and collectors in the lead up and during the fairs, and process the nominations through the Frieze portals
• Oversee the VIP website portal for Frieze Los Angeles with the Head of Events
• Manage upkeep of West Coast VIP lists, including data entry
• VIP & Membership Engagement
• Organise and attend meetings with museum group leaders, development staff and curators to develop relationships with museum groups from the West Coast, as well as other groups targeted to develop audiences for the fairs and membership
• Organise and attend meetings with private collectors in the West Coast
• Ensure regular contact with collectors & groups assigned within portfolio, and ensure active cultivation plans for Frieze's Director with assigned North American VIPs
• Customize and coordinate bespoke programs that will appeal to members, individual collectors & patrons groups, year-round and coinciding with fair times
• Identify and cultivate relevant new patrons groups
• Year-Round Membership Events & Fair Week
• Maintain an internal calendar of all major US-based art events
• Represent Frieze at relevant events in California/West Coast including gallery and museum openings and beyond as required with the purpose of cultivating new VIP, Off Diary and Frieze 91 members
• Work with Head of VIP, Fair Directors and Head of Marketing on proposals for special curated VIP and membership programming and support Head of Events for its execution (Membership and fair programming/ Special Opportunities for VIP Consultants and Groups).
Required Skills and Experience
• VIP Relations, fundraising, or other client-facing development experience
• Knowledge of the art world
• Experience in special events production
• Strong analytical mind with high attention to and passion for detail
• Demonstrable people skills
• Confident and outgoing, used to networking and substantial experience in outward-facing roles • Well-spoken, positive attitude, with great presentation and communication skills
• Proactive in seeking out information on new collectors & innovative in their approach of thinking about art buying audiences
• Excellent organization, administrative and planning skills with attention to detail
• Calm under pressure
• High level of discretion and confidentiality
• Proven experience in similar outward-facing roles, with a proven track record as a skilled networker
• Experience in excel, systems and processes, incl. in-depth knowledge CRM applications is a must
• Outstanding written and communication skills
• This is a permanent position and will be based in Los Angeles.
• Travel to the global fairs is required
• Additional travel required for regional event
At Frieze we believe art is vital to communities and cultures. Bringing together galleries, artists, institutions, and art lovers all over the world to make art flourish.
Frieze is a media and events company that comprises three publications, frieze magazine, Frieze Masters Magazine and Frieze Week; and five international art fairs, Frieze London, Frieze LA, Frieze New York, Frieze Seoul (launching September 2022) and Frieze Masters; regular talks and summits, led by frieze editors; and frieze.com – the definitive resource for contemporary art and culture. In 2021, Frieze launched a series of Membership schemes, including Frieze Off Diary for VIPs, Frieze 91 – a premium program for culturally curious new collectors, and a range of general audience offerings providing year-round access to Frieze content and events. In addition, this October, Frieze will launch No.9 Cork Street, a hub for visiting international galleries in the heart of Mayfair, London. Frieze is part of the IMG network.
IMG is a global leader in sports, fashion, events, and media and is a subsidiary of Endeavor, a global entertainment, sports and content company.
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7n7eq-3-234-211-61-42 in your application.
Endeavor is a global entertainment, sports and content company, home to the world’s most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events and experiences. The company is comprised of industry leaders including entertainment agency William Morris Endeavor (WME); sports, fashion, events and media company IMG; and premier mixed martial arts organization UFC. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation; marketing and licensing; content development, distribution and sales; event management; and a number of direct-to-consumer offerings.