Job Title: Staff Auditor
Department: Endeavor Internal Audit & SOX Compliance (IASC)
Main Purpose of Job
• Key member of the IASC team, focused on performing the process documentation, testing and deficiency identification. Additionally, you will be responsible for helping capture management remediation planning and following up until remediation has been achieved.
• You will be responsible for working with a broad spectrum of stakeholders and multiple business units across the Endeavor organization.
• You will perform financial, operational and compliance audits of business functions and processes (with a current emphasis on financial audits) to ensure the integrity of controls in accordance with applicable standards, as well as reviewing the efficiency of operations.
• You may help prepare draft results, including key findings and recommendations for improvement.
• You may be asked to work on multiple projects/tasks concurrently, and report back to the respective Senior/Manager/Director at agreed-upon cadences.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Help prepare planning documents (memos, project plans, etc.) to support clear understanding of project requirements with both IA and Finance leadership, as well as the business impacted
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, to drive clear understanding of project objectives
• Able to effectively prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
• Help perform the execution of SOX and or IA projects including, but not limited to, the following:
• Documenting processes and controls, confirming completeness and accuracy with key stakeholders and control owners
• Developing a level of auditor scepticism to raise concerns and/or questions to Senior/Manager/Director as necessary.
• Testing design, implementation and operating effectiveness of controls through the examination of evidence
• Attending discussions with process and control owners on process and/or control expectations, as well as to discuss exceptions (deviations from expectations)
• Responsible for identifying exceptions and escalating to project lead
• Clearly document results of IASC work in a manner that allows for IASC leadership review of identified exceptions and proposed remediation plans.
• Ability to review evidence to identify exceptions and or potential issues for further discussion with control owner(s) and/or project lead.
• Understands how to use technology effectively including the use of tech-enabled software solutions, such as AuditBoard.
• Proficient knowledge of MS Office suite applications utilized in day-to-day testing and analytical operations.
Unusual Challenges or Circumstances e.g., shift(s)/ unsocial hours/ travel etc.
• Will be required to work outside of standard working hours. These time periods will typically be known in advance to which plans can be made.
• Will require travel. Candidates should expect to be traveling 30% or more of the year domestically.
Knowledge and Experience
• Understanding of financial risks and controls
• Understanding of operational, compliance and strategic risks and controls
• Inquisitive mind-set, strong desire to understand Endeavor's myriad business activities
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong team player
• 1-2 years of IA or SOX 404 compliance experience
• General understanding of the Media and Entertainment and/or Endeavor-owned businesses
• SAP accounting software and BPC planning software
• Moderate to strong IT skills, in particular application controls and how systems can and should be leveraged to improve internal control
• Familiarity with AuditBoard
Skills and Abilities
• Excellent communication skills, confident (not afraid to speak up)
• Excellent planning & organizational skills to meet multiple & sometimes conflicting deadlines
• Strong documentation skills and attention to detail
Qualifications and Training
• Working towards certification (i.e., ACCA, CIA or CFE, CISA, etc.)
• Ability to work proactively and individually but also as a team player
• Problem solver and solution-centric
About Endeavor Internal Audit & SOX Compliance:
Endeavor Internal Audit & SOX Compliance's primary mandate is to develop, implement and support Finance in complying with section 404 of the Sarbanes Oxley Act. Additionally, and at times, the department has served the Company by supporting ad-hoc requests from the business and/or to support Legal with investigations.
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4w4q1-54-174-225-82-42 in your application.