Senior Software Engineer
New York, NY
IMG Academy is a world-renowned education, sports and performance institution with a campus in Bradenton, Florida. IMG A cademy + is a n early-stage , mobile-first platform that will extend the Academy expertise to a global audience of student-athletes. Our purpose is to help student-athletes reach their potential and achieve their dreams.
We are hiring a Senior Software Engineer to be the 3 rd developer on
our New-York-based, cross-functional team. Together with a product manage r and product design er , y ou'll be responsible for the full-stack development of the IMG A+ experience .
IMG Academy: www.IMGAcademy.com
IMG Academy+: www.IMGAcademy.com/plus
Our team: www.IMGAcademy.com/plus/team
Our team is primarily located in New York City with one teammate in Philadelphia. Our preference is to hire for in-person collaboration in New York but we are open to fully remote hires.
• Manage the end-to-end development of an early-stage product in the digital sports, training and education space
• Work closely with product managers, designers, and subject matter experts to align product vision with customer needs in a search for product-market fit
• Build platforms from scratch, integrate with off-the-shelf solutions and/or partner platforms based on specific user needs
• Assist with creating and building culture of the New Growth team by modeling critical behaviors for new product development and customer-centric focus
• Assist with recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of software engineering personnel for the N ew G rowth team
• Oversee and evolve software engineering best practices to ensure high standard of quality for all team deliverables
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
• 4+ years' experience in full stack development of growing consumer products
• Modern full-stack web development ( Typescsript , React, Node)
• Experience with mobile technologies ( SwiftUI , Kotlin, Jetpack Compose)
• Experience with cloud-based computing/infrastructure (AWS, Azure, etc.)
• Experience working as part of a cross-functional product development team
• Ability to creatively tackle technical and product problems
• Embod y a grow th mindset, interested in learning and improving, and helping teammates do the same
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
Endeavor, IMG Academy's parent company, is a global media and entertainment company with world-class brands and capabilities across talent representation, sports, fashion, event management, and brand marketing. It is comprised of industry leaders including entertainment agency WME; and sports, fashion, events, and media company IMG.
Established in 1978 as the pioneering Nick Bollettieri Tennis Academy, IMG Academy has since grown into a multi-sport phenomenon. Our boarding school and sports camps leverage best-in-class coaching, training and sports science, setting the standard for total student-athlete development.
Requires a background check upon offer
Requires a drug check upon offer
IMG Academy is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2nyqm-18-205-192-201-42 in your application.
Endeavor is a global entertainment, sports and content company, home to the world’s most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events and experiences. The company is comprised of industry leaders including entertainment agency William Morris Endeavor (WME); sports, fashion, events and media company IMG; and premier mixed martial arts organization UFC. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation; marketing and licensing; content development, distribution and sales; event management; and a number of direct-to-consumer offerings.