We are looking for a lawyer with 3- 5 years experience at a law firm, government agency or in-house legal department to join Endeavor's Compliance team , with a focus on data privacy , data governance and cybersecurity.
Primary Responsibilities include:
• Partner with Legal, IT and key stakeholders to develop and implement an effective data governance, data privacy and information security compliance program, monitoring changing laws and industry practices in these areas and serving as legal subject matter expert in these areas.
• Provide strategic counsel on consumer and employee data practices and policies, vendor and technology agreements and website and data collection for Endeavor's initiatives.
• Assist in drafting data governance, privacy, and information security policies and privacy and data protection terms arising from 3rd party engagements and consumer marketing, including commercial contracts, data transfers, and customer terms
• Manage Endeavor' s DSARs, cookie consent and data mapping tools
• Provide day-to-day data governance, data privacy and information security advice to business unit lawyers and executives, including participation on Incident Response Team tasked with real-time response to information security events and cybersecurity incidents (e.g., potential data breach, phishing attempts, etc.).
• Assist in development and delivery of online and in-person training for Endeavor businesses, serving as subject matter expert for data privacy and data protection and information security regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
• Minimum of 3 years' experience in-house, at law firm or government agency.
• Experience as a data privacy, information security and/or compliance professional with demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the required elements of effective data governance programs.
• CIPP (US) preferred.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV to be considered
• Must be licensed to practice law in NY or qualify for admission as in-house counsel
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation .
• Strong academic credentials.
• Outstanding analytic, communication , presentation, project management and organizational skills.
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment, both independently and collaboratively, with a team-oriented approach .
• Ability to respond quickly and pragmatically to urgent situations. Ability to prioritize and resolve issues promptly and effectively .
• Ability to explain complex concepts, build consensus, think creatively, and collaborate with clients to address business needs.
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0wnb1-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.