Senior Gameplay Systems Designer
Los Angeles, CA
Technical Game Designer (Star Wars Team)
We're looking for an experienced Technical Designer who will embrace our philosophy and share his'/her hard earned expertise to help us create an incredible experience for our players
What you'll do...
• Work with design leadership, design team, artists, code, and animation departments to achieve impressive design experiences.
• Plan out technical implementation of wide-reaching game systems involving all departments.
• Solve a variety of challenging technical problems in a thoughtful manner.
• Become an extremely helpful wealth of knowledge for other team members to query on the inner-workings of the game and engine.
• Be an expert at all implementation aspects of the game and engine, able to tackle any issue large or small.
• Track-down complicated logic issues and design effective solutions.
• Refactor prototypes into efficient and satisfying gameplay mechanics.
Ideally, you'll have...
• 3+ years' experience in the games industry working as a designer, shipping at least one title.
• Experience with text-based scripting, visual scripting, and programming languages.
• Experience with game engine tools and pipelines such as UE4, Unity, Maya, etc.
• Computer Science or related degree.
• A team player-mindset, understanding the importance of collaboration, and able to communicate effectively with all disciplines and departments.
• A passion about the play experience, with a wealth of knowledge across different games.
• You can solve any problem.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! Learn more at respawn.com'/perks.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.