Based in the North-West, which has seen a massive resurgence within the industry over recent years, our Cheshire studio is home to last year's highly acclaimed Dirt5. It's a studio with a strong 'AAA' heritage. The team are currently supporting Dirt 5 as well as looking ahead to their next unannounced project. We have an exceptional and rare opportunity for a talented Technical Director to join this team and play an integral part in delivering more critically acclaimed titles for years to come.
Working closely with the leadership team, you'll be responsible for the entire programming team and its output. You will be tasked with listening to the business needs of the company, technological needs of the wider development team and make decisions in order to make the best possible use of the programming team to deliver industry leading video games.
We are looking for someone that can inspire, enable and engage the team, to create its best possible work. You'll be fully supported by an experienced senior team and will be given the time and resources to achieve your goals, especially now that we have the full support and backing of EA behind us.
This is a fantastic role for any Technical Director looking for a new challenge at a studio synonymous with game dev. You will shape the way that we approach future AAA titles and will be an inspiring leader and mentor that will help others realise their full potential, as well as your own. At Codemasters, we believe in providing a highly supportive environment with genuine opportunities to develop yourself and your colleagues and ultimately succeed.
To be considered for this role, you will ideally have:
• Experienced multiple full development cycles in a lead programming role
• Significant experience of C++
• Demonstrable experience of empowering communication and collaboration in teams
• Developed a range of techniques for inspiring a team and motivating them
• Demonstrable experience of coaching and developing staff
• The ability to help the whole team stay at the cutting edge of game development
• Experience in R&D and possess the ability to identify how to improve previous products
• The ability to collaborate with cross-discipline teams
• A drive to self-improve
• The ability to be comfortable in trusting your team of experts
Please note - it's not an essential requirement for you to have previously worked on racing titles and we are keen to receive applications from experienced individuals from all gaming genres and backgrounds.
In return you will receive:
• Flexible working hours designed to fit around your life
• Considerable benefits package including annual bonus scheme, enhanced pension, private healthcare and dental schemes, 10 free games a year, income protection, employee stock purchase plan and much more!
• Dedicated training time for self-improvement
• Regular social activities and events
If this sounds like you and you are interested in joining one of the best AAA developers in the world, then we would love to hear from you. We continue to assemble a diverse and passionate team that is inclusive of gender, age, race and all walks of life. We're interested to know how you can make us even better.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4j3nv-3-227-235-216-42 in your application.