Experience Designer - UI /Visual
Guildford, United Kingdom
Technical Artist - Modelling & Physics (Frostbite)
Guildford, United Kingdom
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art game engine that powers games such as Madden NFL, EA SPORTS™ FIFA, Battlefield™, Need for Speed™, Dragon Age™ and Plants vs. Zombies™. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming by developing new engine features and tools. Our experienced global team is passionate about pushing the boundaries of game engine technology and working closely with EA studios to ship
What does a Technical Artist do?
As a Technical Artist, you will report to Frostbite's Creative Director, as a part of the Frostbite content example team. As a member of this team, you'll help make our development process more creator-centric by serving as a link between engineers and game creators.
What we are looking for
You are a Technical Artist with a passion for 3D modelling and game physics. Not just rigid body and raycast solutions but new and interesting ways physics can be used to build games and affect game play environments. Your passion and expertise will directly contribute to and push the boundaries of the newest tools and workflows that Frostbite releases to game teams.
• Use your technical expertise to guide development of Frostbite's physics, destruction, cloth and hair simulation workflows.
• As a Technical Artist on the Frostbite team you will collaborate directly with engineers to improve the usability of content workflows and help steer the design of new features.
• You will work with a team of technical artists to build tech examples, demos and create documentation and training materials to help educate the Frostbite community and broadcast Frostbite's capabilities.
• You will will collaborate and advise on tools, workflows and best practices with Technical Artists and Designers across all of EA studios using Frostbite
• You Will Need
• Expertise in 3D modelling with any of the industry standard tools such as Maya, Max, Blender or Houdini
• Experience with physics solutions within simulations systems or game engines
• Love sharing your skills and ideas across a wide range of creative talent, from artists, designers to engineers, producers and product managers.
Your experience includes
• Diving into the details, solving difficult problems and sharing your discoveries
• A history working in games or film
• Working with Unity, Unreal or similar game engines.
• Designing or improving workflows and defining production pipelines
• Node based visual programming
• Comfortable working with a team across multiple time zones in Europe and North America
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re82p1-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.