Our award winning Codemasters studio are looking for a Technical Art Director. Are you an experienced Technical Artist looking for that next step up in your career or are you already a Technical Art Director and looking for a new challenge? This fantastic opportunity could be exactly what you are looking for!
The Technical Art team combines creativity and imagination with technical expertise. We are the bridge between artists, engineers and designers responsible for data design and art production workflows. Reporting to the Art Director, you will help shape the future of the Tech Art team within Formula One.
• You will have ownership of the Technical Art Group on the F1 project and help shape the future of the F1 games
• This will include being a mentor to other technical art team members and artists
• You will be the conduit between art and code, and facilitate communication between the groups, helping with asset creation methodologies and techniques, debugging and bug fixing of project assets and ensuring performance of all game art and assets
• Work with the art, design and code teams to develop new visual features to push the F1 games forward, and help to design the pipelines and processes needed to make these features production ready.
• Help with the design and implementation of DCC tools for art and design use. Focusing on 3DS Max, but also Substance painter, Houdini, in-house tools and others
• Be involved with the creation and maintenance of plugins for 3DS Max using C++
• You will work with the art teams to create in-game and 3DS Max shaders using HLSL
• Your success will be measured by ensuring our content creators can maintain our high visual quality and performance bar, while hitting our annual street dates
• To understand the use of Lidar and photogrammetry in art pipelines
• To understand automation around data-driven content creation pipelines
• Experience with 3DS Max
• Scripting ability with maxscript and python
• Experience writing shaders using HLSL
• Solid programming skills with C++, C#, WPF
• In-depth knowledge of best practices in game content creation
• In-depth knowledge of leading game engines
• You will have experience from previously released titles – across 2 – 3 full dev cycles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp556x-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.