Senior Environment Artist
EA Create Technical Animator
We are looking for a Technical Animator who has a passion for problem solving, is collaborative by nature, and enjoys making games! The ideal candidate has experience in animation workflows, pipelines, tool development, animator support, rigging support, and data flow management. To ensure the animation teams' success, the candidate will partner with animation directors, leads, and stakeholders to ensure effective collaboration to produce quality assets, tools, pipelines, and workflows. While this role is technical in nature, we are also looking for candidates who possess an eye for aesthetics to maintain a high-quality artistic vision.
EA Create encompasses all of the positions needed to make game cinematics, such as motion capture, rigging, animation, tools and tech, environments, characters, and lighting teams. EA Create Animation is a centralized team within Create that works with game teams globally to bring narratives and animations to life through playable immersive experiences. We have team members located in Orlando, Austin, Los Angeles, Vancouver, Guilford, and Shanghai.
• Design, implement and support of animation tools and technologies used on specific titles.
• Support and maintain our central animation workflows that span across multiple titles in collaboration with content creators and engineers.
• Integrate cinematics and gameplay animation content into game engine.
• Interact and support rigging team on character rigs and animation transfer.
• Interact and collaborate with the key client stakeholders (animation, art, rigging, engineering and production).
• Provide creative and technical problem solving with a view to delivering efficient quality animation content.
• Define, estimate and prioritize tasks in a well-organized manner.
• Document workflows, technical processes and tools.
• 2+ years of tool creation experience for art/animation workflows on multiple titles/projects (preferably shipped AAA game titles or feature films).
• Proficient in Python.
• Proficient in standard industry tools Maya and MotionBuilder.
• Familiarity with animation content integration in engine.
• Knowledge and understanding of body and facial production rigs for debugging and tool writing purposes
• Have a proactive, self-directed work ethic.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Demonstrate eagerness to learn.
• Familiarity in C#, C++, MEL, Maya API
• Experience with editor-based game development environments e.g. Unreal, Unity etc.
• Experience in MotionBuilder API
• Experience in Qt and WPF.
• Experience and understanding of motion capture and data solving process.
• Experience designing, implementing and maintaining animation content workflows as part of an end-to-end animation pipeline.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.