Technical Animator Co-Op
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
''Motive'' is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we're not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will help in making the extraordinary. You'll also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
A technical animator is a bridge between animation and tech, working with animators, programmers, and the technical animation team. Their main responsibilities can include character animation rigging, deformation, tools, workflows, data setup, engine integrations and runtime behaviors. As a technical animation intern, you can be from an Art, Animation, Engineering or Computer Science background; however, you have a passion for and a comfort level working with both the artistic and technical side of problems. As a technical animation intern at Motive, you will work on a game team, supporting the technical needs of animation and character art within a production environment.
• Work with the Technical Animation team to support the needs of gameplay animation, cinematic animation, and character art
• Support cinematic scene setup, data management, integrations, and troubleshooting
• Author and support skinning and deformation for characters and creatures
• Candidate for a Bachelor's degree in a related field
• Some experience working with a game engine (like Unity or Unreal)
• Knowledge of animation packages, such as Maya and MotionBuilder
• Some experience working with or creating basic rigged and deforming characters
• Some scripting/programming experience a plus (in a language like Python)
• An understanding of the processes and challenges in the creation of animation content for games
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1o0wy-3-235-60-144-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.