Systems Software Engineer - NHL
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connecting millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. EA SPORTS NHL has revolutionized sports gaming for tens of millions of players around the world, pioneering award-winning and creative technology and experiences that connect players to the speed, skill, and creativity of the NHL.
We're looking for an experienced engineer or someone interested in expanding their skills and knowledge in the Systems area. Our Systems engineers maintain a broad view of the game and engine systems and look for ways to improve performance, utility, and capabilities to our players and workflow enhancements to our development team. Above all, we're looking for an engineer who is excited to use their talent and experience to build AAA quality games.
• Work with engineers from numerous game areas to integrate, develop and debug core technologies and features in a codebase merging modern and legacy designs across multiple hardware architectures.
• Manage and optimize memory, load times, and performance.
• Debug complex and rare behavioral defects in development and production environments.
• Look for ways to increase team efficiency through automation, tooling, or workflow enhancements.
• Contribute to core EA technologies in an architecturally sound way to promote collaborative development efforts.
• Work with technical and non-technical co-workers to create practical technical designs that meet players' expectations..
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
• 2+ years of C++ development experience.
• Ability to learn, test, debug, and extend other software engineer's code.
• Strong software engineering and architectural design skills.
• Understanding of memory management, file systems, multi-core processing, and performance.
• Experience with large scale systems and legacy codebases, covering multiple game areas and technologies.
• Experience with codebases supporting multiple compilers and architectures.
• Experience with profiling tools to monitor and diagnose issues.
• Experience with multiple programming languages (Python, Lua, C#).
• Experience with build systems, pipelines, and source control.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwjm0y-34-229-119-176-42 in your application.