Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
The Advanced Technology Group is part of the EA SPORTS Tech organization, focused on developing cutting edge game features and engine enhancements in close collaboration with game and engine dev teams. You will be part of a cross-functional team tackling a variety of technical challenges beginning from proof of concept to implementation for titles across EA. An essential priority for this group is to partner with the Frostbite team, our Game teams, and our central art team to create meaningful user facing experiences and content workflow improvements. You will work on our strategic, multi-year project in unifying our Create-a-Head tools and experiences while innovating on the created character heads for all EA SPORTS titles.
As a Systems Software Engineer, you will help push our primary systems and shared engine into the future. Our systems engineers maintain a broad view of the game and engine systems. They look for ways to improve performance, utility and enhance workflows across our development team.
We are looking for passionate engineers who enjoy hacking together prototypes, solving weird bugs, helping and supporting other developers, and building systems that allow us to work smarter and more efficiently to bring substantial improvements to our game.
• Debug, fix and improve existing code.
• Provide well-tested and high-quality new features that meet requirements.
• Understand how technical implementation impacts performance and memory budgets.
• Collaborate with other teams and domains on solutions.
• Passion for the craft of software development.
• Interest in systems-level work.
• Experience going into unknown code and figuring out how it works.
• Experience debugging optimized code.
• Experience with performance and memory profiling tools.
• Experience in embedded systems or engine development.
• Experience with parallel programming, resource management, and hardware architecture.
• Able to communicate well with non-technical partners, such as artists, designers, and producers.
• 5+ years of programming experience. 3+ years of experience with C++.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d82kz6-44-210-237-158-42 in your application.