Software Engineer - Tools - Madden
Solutions Architect - Security Applications
The EA Security team protects EA by reducing our exposure to security risks by raising awareness and providing a measured, proportionate set of security and risk management controls, services and solutions. This department also ensures that EA is meeting required security standards as defined by a variety of different regulatory bodies.
The Solutions Architect – Security Applications position will oversee overall architecture for the Enterprise Security Engineering Applications team. You will have a close relationship with EA security operations and IR teams to understand their needs and design solutions to meet them. An understanding of development, both web and cloud (including source control) will be valuable as you will design cloud-based micro-services to integrate existing systems and improve the UI/UX experience. You will be heavily involved in the DevOps (CI/CD) transformation of the team. A basic understanding of systems engineering principals and security will be beneficial for this role. From an engineering standpoint, the role will modernize systems by migrating them to containers with orchestration. Data analytics skills will be useful in both understanding main products, partner needs, and gathering telemetry to improve platforms. The end goal is to automate everything to reduce overall operational overhead and improve the user experience.
The successful Solutions Architect will integrate any partner requirements and into all architectures. Along with technical design skills, mentoring coworkers and communicating to leadership will be key metrics to success.
• 5+ years experience designing cloud systems (AWS, Azure)
• 5+ years experience in systems development (Python, Powershell, NodeJS)
• Architectural experience with serverless solutions
• Experience cost optimizing cloud-based solutions
• Experience with relational and non-relational databases
• 3+ years experience designing containerized systems (Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher)
• Foundation developing CI/CD pipelines
• Understanding of DevOps principals
• Sound knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems
• Understanding of architectures for distributed back-end infrastructure, including knowledge of load balancers, web servers (Apache, Nginx), message buses, and redundant solutions
• Understanding of TCP/IP fundamentals, network protocols, system administration and network architectures
• Good grasp of technical security foundations (network and OS)
• Experience with Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana is helpful
• Experience identifying both tactical and strategic solutions
• A background in developing partner relationships and gathering requirements
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.