Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
We are EA!
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is challenging, and that's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Tools Software Engineer role collaborates with Game Development and Quality Assurance to create tools and technical strategies with the goals of improving game development infrastructure and increasing efficiencies in the Development and QA processes. You will building or extending solutions to help solve the development and testing challenges our partners face with the ever growing in size and complexity triple A titles. You will have the opportunity to experiment and create new technologies as well as identify and utilize existing third party applications, as part of our solution building process. You will report to the Quality Engineering technology leader, who will help you identify new technologies and develop new tools for testing and validation purposes.
Create technology and guide usage and support:
• You will collaborate with your Quality Engineering Technical Director, Game Development and QA partners to identify areas for improvement through new tools and automation strategies.
• You will build and deploy internal software tools to our Game Development and QA partners.
• You will support an increased adoption of automation and tools within game teams. Aid in the identification and requirements gathering for new tools.
• You will identify and recommend debug and telemetry enhancements to aid testing.
• You will promote code quality and SOLID design principles for the team.
• You will help perform risk analysis of new features – identifying impact and scope.
• You will help promote bug fixing efforts and identifying areas of test focus.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent
• 3+ years of professional experience with a focus on concepts and language varieties
• 3+ years of professional experience with .NET, C#, C++ (deep C# experience is an essential requirement for this role).
• Understand the software development life cycle, software engineering methodologies and practices, and their application to both development and QA.
• Understand software quality assurance concepts, debugging processes.
• Web-based systems experience an asset.
• Technical writing experience is an asset.
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1ypze-3-235-60-144-42 in your application.