Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
This role would see you leverage your coding and organizational skills to ensure the work of several distinct teams is continually refined into a unified product, and problems are addressed. This would see you diagnose issues and resolve conflicts between changes in code, but this is not a development role. The Frostbite Release team builds a scalable and collaborative development environment, delivering the work of over 300 engineers to customers. You will be part of a team that builds the culture, process, and tools for delivering Frostbite at quality.
• Quickly converge on solutions for a myriad of problems. You'll change the build farm configuration because of a hardware related issue, and then moving on to debugging a crash in a game level, followed up by working on a python script to automate release workflows
• Manage Perforce copy-up and merge down across multiple code streams
• Respond to issues within the Frostbite production environment by working across teams and gathering data to help troubleshoot issues
• Collaborate across domain teams and QA on releases/updates and patches
• Automate releases to ensure the integrity of the live environment is protected and the correct components are released
• Help establish new policies, improving process and culture to help release Frostbite with better quality
• Implement tools to help improve the efficiency of how software is developed and tested while elevating the product quality
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
• Generalist with 4+ years of professional experience in C++
• Debugging experience
• Previous experiences in merging development branches and delivering at quality
• Production experience with game engines
• Experience with C# or Python
• Experience with Perforce or similar
• Experience with CI build systems and build automation
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0y2n1-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.