Software Engineer – Frostbite, Production Systems
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
As a member of the Production Systems product area you will work with Editor and Content Framework teams , reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager of the Product Area.
The Editor Framework team works on core parts of FrostEd, our desktop tool that empowers content creators to build amazing game experiences. Your team will build robust libraries and services that can be used across various domains including audio, rendering and UI. You will be at the core of building an easy to use and scalable tool to power a massive community of accomplished game creators.
The Content Framework team works on building core systems for data management and game asset processing that make our tools responsive and stable for thousands of users editing millions of assets. Some examples of what Content Framework team works with are:
• The system that provides on-disk data to our editor
• The pipeline for creating game-ready data from raw or source data
• A caching system for built data to increase efficiency
• A service for On-demand loading of large game data
We are looking for someone who is passionate about working collaboratively across these two teams and building high quality tools.
• Work collaboratively on design, test, and maintenance of services delivered by the teams and take ownership of those services.
• Communicate with game and other Frostbite teams around the world to understand their specific needs
• Provide support to customers by addressing issues and looking for opportunities to make systematic improvements
• Gain domain expertise and actively share knowledge within the product area
Required Skills and Experience
• 5+ years of experience with C++ programming, data-guided design, and software architecture
• C# proficiency
• Working knowledge of developing graphical user interfaces - ideally WPF
• Experience with agile development practices
Desired Skills and Experience
• Experience of data processing and data management
• Experience implementing databases or file systems
• Experience developing Windows desktop applications
• Experience building games and supporting content creation workflows
• Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (computer science, computer engineering or mathematics)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnx7pm-54-211-101-93-42 in your application.