he EA Quality Engineering group is a critical partner of EA game development and Quality Assurance teams and a driver for quality and productivity within those teams.
Come and join us for an opportunity to work with the best game development teams in the world in a challenging yet fun and creative environment. Innovate to keep EA at the bleeding edge of the industry standards for quality and processes to make a difference for thousands of employees and millions of gamers in the world.
In this role you will develop the current build reporting aggregator (Frosting) to be redesigned as a distributed deployment. This effort will require implementing the co-hosted design, as well as addressing bugs and adding other features to the system focusing on improving the quality of the reporting data for Frostbite development. Throughout the term you will be working with a Technical Director, and other stakeholders, as well as database experts to complete an early prototype of a new test reporting solution. The successful candidate, along with being proficient, with experience in C# and the .net core framework should also have some in depth knowledge and experience in developing scalable .net applications in a cloud environment.
Frostbite is the engine that powers EA's games, award-winning titles like Battlefield, FIFA, Dragon Age Inquisition and Need for Speed all harnessed the power of Frostbite to deliver world-class visuals and immersive game play. These games are enjoyed by millions of players on many platforms.
A critical partner of game development teams, Quality Engineering is driving innovation in tools and processes to achieve the highest quality standards. In partnership with software engineers and program managers, and using various programming and scripting languages, they design, develop, and maintain automation test tools; statistical analysis and dashboards; and other tools that help drive quality in our products.
• BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
• Excellent understanding of software development and quality assurance concepts, debugging processes and procedures.
• Proficiency and hands-on experience in C# and .net core framework
• Experience with .net applications in a cloud environment.
• Strong understanding of solid design principles.
• Strong knowledge and experience in data streaming technologies and backend blob storage, non sql/sql DB
• Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong ability to self-manage and prioritize work
• Strong debugging skills and a thirst for finding the root-cause of issues
• Ability to negotiate with end-users on features, priorities, deliverables, and timelines
• Ability to own tasks and work independently as well as working with stakeholders of the project scope to implement solutions.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize and be flexible – able to adapt plans and react to change
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Successfully interface with customers with a diverse set of backgrounds and needs - able to speak their language, appreciate their challenges, and maintain their respect
• Goal driven achiever with high productivity
• Experience with version control systems (GIT, Perforce)
• Resourceful and innovative - identify issues and implement solutions, as required
• 2 + years of experience in designing, developing and maintaining a full stack application system
• 2+ years of experience with using CI environment
• 3 + years of experience solving large scalable problems
Scope & Impact:
• Works directly with software development and quality assurance teams to identify, define and complete initiatives
• Maintains tools, integration, and technologies to support highly reliable environment
• Learns and stays current with best practices and technologies
• Leverages and improves existing tools to add value efficiently
• Works in a team and independently seeks out answers to questions
• Develops and maintains Coverity workflows, as prescribed by the project scope
• Be part of a globally distributed development team, Frostbite has major development centers in Stockholm, Sweden and Vancouver, Canada as well as smaller centers in Montreal, Canada, Guildford, UK and Bucharest, Romania
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0njvm-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.