Software Engineer II
What Would I Do
As a backend expert and a Java Developer, you will develop high-quality Java code that gets deployed in production environment, bringing in latest development standards into a high performing development team. You will also work with our UI developers and designers. You would also work with Scrum masters and Product owners to deliver the software.
• Design and develop high-volume, low-latency Java applications
• Manage the deliverable for assigned development tasks
• Maintain high standards regarding code quality and efficiency including unit tests
• Work with large, rich datasets and complex distributed client/server systems
• Partner closely with customer experience to understand how better communicate and support our players
• Exhibit creativity and resourcefulness at problem solving while collaborating and working effectively with outstanding designers, engineers of different technical backgrounds, and architects
• Experience with Agile methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, developing user stories and working through backlogs
The Next Great EA Software Developer Needs
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• 8+ years of professional software development experience in Java
• Extensive server-side software development experience
• Solid hands-on Experience with J2EE frameworks such as Spring
• Hands-on experience of developing micro-services with Spring Boot
• Good experience with writing unit tests using Junit and Spock framework
• Strong SQL, experience with Databases including, Oracle and MySQL
• Experience with JDBC and ORM persistence technologies (JPA, EJB, Hibernate)
• Experience with Enterprise Application Servers (JBoss, Tomcat, Glassfish)
• Expertise in modern UI technologies and frameworks like AngularJS, React, AJAX, Bootstrap
• Experience with modern distributed architecture and development frameworks (such as SOA, Lambda, Microservices) for scalable and very fast applications
• Experience on cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud
• Nice to have experience of using MongoDB and Elastic search
• Nice to have experience of using Adobe AEM/CQ5
• Experience with development tools such as Jenkins, Ant, Maven, and JUnit
• Experience with source code management tools such as Perforce, Git and SVN
• Experience with OOP and software design patterns
• Exceptional analytical and creative problem-solving skills, solution-oriented individual
• Experience working in Agile methodology.
• Great organizational skills, and an attention to detail, consistency, and simplicity
• Continuous and fast learner willing to learn and help wherever the help is required to complete the job.
• Excellent Troubleshooting Skills with debugging and code optimization skills.
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like Global fitness program, Sodexo (Food Coupons), Parental Insurance & Medical, Accident & life insurance and since we realise it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that grows from creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the ''work hard/play hard'' credo every day.
Don't Just Play It – Create It!
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.