Senior Data Analyst
Guildford, United Kingdom
Software Engineer(Temporary Contract)
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
For development teams looking to increase efficiencies and improve quality of their software, one of the most important places to focus is the software build process. This is where EA Development Release Engineering comes in (DRE).
This position within DRE is responsible for software builds and releases as well as looking into the future on how to evolve these technologies, using tools like Infrastructure as Code and advanced Virtualization.
We are looking for an engineer in this field to work at our Guildford office, with our team that is split between the UK and Sweden. You would be working mainly with evolving the Continuous Integration and Deployment systems for the games being developed at Criterion and DICE.
You would also collaborate with other teams in EA Europe, such as FIFA, Frostbite.
What does a Software Engineer do at EA DRE?
This is an interesting and developing role that will need knowledge and experience from multiple disciplines within software development and practices. It's essential to be a great communicator since interaction with the game teams is key to secure a high-quality service.
The candidate will also be responsible for the development of build scripts, installation procedures, and systems including source code control, build systems and issue tracking. We will work closely with game development as well as our quality assurance and automation teams to ensure the final version is up to organizational standards.
What skills do you need?
• Smart, self-motivated, keen to learn and adaptable
• Customer and team orientated
• Windows (and ideally Linux) configuration and operation.
• A basic understanding of networking and networking technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, etc)
• Ability in a scripting programming language, at least one of: Python, Powershell, Ruby, Go, VBScript/JScript or similar
• Virtual Machines, virtualisation technologies, e.g. Docker, DCOS, K8S, containers.
• Familiarity with build processes and workflows. At least one of: Make, Maven, Visual Studio/MSBuild
• Familiarity with Source Control concepts and one or more of: Git, Perforce, Subversion, etc.
• Familiarity with Continuous Integration concepts and ideally experience in one or more of: GitLab, Jenkins, TeamCity, etc
Nice to have:
• Understanding and abilities in compiled languages such as C#, Java
• Jenkins JobDSL plugin experience as well as Jenkins pipeline
• An understanding of typical game or product development cycles, development/testing/release.
• Familiarity with Databases, message queues.
• Display and analysis technologies such as Grafana, Kibana or DataDog
• Package repositories.
• Cloud technologies (Azure, AWS)
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, so we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. We look forward to receiving your application!
More about the studio
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.