Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres. We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together accomplished people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion.
We are looking for a Software Engineer role to work with EA's QA and Development teams to create tools, automation and technical strategies with the goals of improving game infrastructure and increasing efficiencies in the game delivery process. You will need to have senior experience as they will help ensure a seamless consumer experience. You will identify new technologies and develop new tools for testing and tracking purposes. You will help analyze testing strategies, improving automation efforts and white box testing. You will report to the Development Director based in Bucharest, and work with both onsite and offsite supportive colleagues and partners, as part of a distributed team.
• Work with Dev and QA partners to identify areas for improvement through new tools and automation strategies.
• Build, test, and deploy solutions that support automation deliverables.
• Support an increased adoption of automation and tools within game teams.
• Identify and recommend debug and telemetry enhancements to aid testing.
• Provide technical expertise and debug support to other engineers on our teams.
• Participate in knowledge sharing sessions - increasing knowledge of existing tools, automation and testing processes.
• Perform risk analysis of new features – identifying impact and scope.
• Help prioritize bug fixing efforts and identifying areas of test focus.
• Perform and support white box testing.
• Contribute to the test and technology strategies of the QA group.
• Escalate risks and recommend upstream tools, automation and processes.
• Analyze metrics, trends and processes to provide meaningful information with sound reasoning.
• Provide performance results analysis on current processes and infrastructures.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent
• 9+ years of professional experience with a focus on concepts and language varieties.
• Experience with C#, Java, C++ and other comparative programming languages. Deep C# experience is an important requirement for this role.
• Experience with using containers technologies (Docker)
• Experience with the Agile software development life cycle, software engineering methodologies and practices, and their application to both development and QA.
• Experience with software quality assurance concepts, and debugging procedures.
• Experience with web-based systems.
• Knowledge in gaming consoles or embedded systems
• Have strong interpersonal skills
• Technical writing experience.
• Problem solving and analytical skills.
• Excellent observational and organizational skills – detail oriented.
• Creativity and logical thinking: can find ingenious solutions to problems.
• Adaptability/flexibility: not afraid of change, in fact strives for it, if it's for the good of the project - is not afraid to try new things and fail.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d89yn6-3-234-211-61-42 in your application.