EA is looking for a software engineer with experience building automation and plugins for Unreal Engine. Your role is to develop tooling that improves common game team workflows and manage changes across multiple development streams.
You will report to and work with a central team within EA that focuses on providing tooling and services to our many game teams. Our small agile team has developers in Vancouver, Austin, Montreal and Galway, and we work with game teams across many more locations.
• Develop tooling for reporting code divergence across multiple teams.
• Create CI jobs/scripts for managing changes across multiple development streams.
• Create automation tests for shared plugins.
• Support teams with EA services integrations.
• Troubleshoot build time performance issues.
• 3+ years of applied coding experience.
• Experience with Unreal Engine 4 tooling (BuildTool, AutomationTool) and extending the functionality of Unreal Editor.
• Proficient in C# and WPF.
• Working knowledge of C++.
• Familiarity with SCM solutions. (Perforce, Git)
• Understanding of build systems, continuous integration, unit tests, automated functional tests, and testing frameworks.
• BSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent education or experience.
Nice to have:
• Experience with SQL, Python, ASP.NET.