Senior Java Software Engineer - Social Platform
Redwood City, CA
Maxis is looking for an experienced engineer that can amplify our ability to develop our games with the help of automation. This engineer will work with an experienced team that has collectively built almost all Maxis games in the past two decades. You will work with engineering, art, design, and quality verification groups to prototype and ship different features that expand the featureset of Sims games. Most of the work is expected to be done in Unreal Engine, both in C++ and blueprints.
As an Automation Engineer for a game at Maxis, you will
• Implement quality control tools, test automation and analysis systems for various stages in the creation of a Sims game.
• Enable the designers, producers, artists, and other engineers to build a framework that brings designs to life.
• Demonstrate excellent technical problem-solving skills under iteratively changing requirements during game development.
• Author technical design documents detailing software requirements.
• Be a critical partner to driving innovation in tools and processes to achieve the highest quality standards. Use appropriate programming and scripting languages to design, develop, and maintain automation test tools; statistical analysis and dashboards; and other tools that help drive quality in our products.
Please note that you do not need to qualify for all requirements to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements and are comfortable opening a dialog to be considered.
• Bachelor/Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
• 5+ year experience in a hands-on development role.
• Demonstrate technical abilities with large projects implemented in C++.
• Experience with the automation frameworks for commercial game engines like Unreal Engine and Unity.
• A understanding of testing methodologies.
• Experience with building test strategies for web, mobile, or software products.
• Experience with web, database and automation technologies.
• Experience building and shipping AAA games in Unreal engine.
• Previous engineering experience overseeing major systems in code bases.
• Hands-on experience and willingness to create multiple short-lived prototypes.
• Experience developing for large-scale live products. Products that constantly update to provide higher quality, and feature set to expand the possibilities in the game.
• Experience working in highly collaborative environments with versatile roles beyond engineering like design, production, art and product management.
• Experience optimizing performance and memory of real time applications (like games).
• Experience with Windows platform and development tools.
• Demonstrable experience showcasing the customer focus to network successfully across a large number of game development roles, to build and maintain excellent relationships and communications channels.
• Experience developing in C# and Python.
• Experience developing for both PC and Mobile platform games.
• Demonstrate experience working in large data-driven games or applications.
• Experience mentoring or leading engineers in different projects.
• Experience with Machine Learning techniques applied in the games domain.
• Experience with shipping games built in Unity engine.
• Experience using static and performance analysis tools, automated testing, unit testing, and configuration management processes.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.