Redwood City, CA
Senior UX Architect EAX
At our core, Electronic Arts is a game maker that connects hundreds of millions of players from around the globe to some of the world's greatest games. The EAX team is driving the strategy and implementation of programs for EA's community of players to connect them to one another and to the games they love to play. These programs include EA Play, our cross-platform subscription on Origin, PlayStation, Xbox and Steam; Origin, EA's gaming service on PC; EA.com and other online properties; and a host of other consumer experiences and strategies to connect friends across platforms and within our games.
In your role as Senior UX Architect, you will oversee the system and strategy for how editorial content is managed and published to our around-game platforms, being the bridge between the player experience and EA's content management systems. This means working with partners across game teams, marketing, product management, design, engineering, and publishing to understanding how to amplify their content goals. You do this with an eye on relevance, usability, findability, and the information needs of our players. As part of the broader UX Design, Content Strategy, and Information Architecture family, you will be an important contributor to the EAX team, based in Redwood Shores, Vancouver, or remote.
Joining EAX means joining the team shaping EA's network services now spanning three major platforms; building consumer experiences that power EA's games, and allowing more personalized, socially connected, and frictionless experiences; and expanding our platforms across web, PC, mobile, the cloud, and beyond so that our players can get into the games they want to play and stay connected while playing. We like to say that 'we see farther', and are committed to driving innovation to meet player and employee needs today and in the future.
You're someone who has:
• Shipped complex enterprise web applications focused on eCommerce and editorial content publishing.
• Experience with information architecture (ontologies, taxonomies, content and data models), UX, and content strategy concepts and deliverables.
• Defined IA standards and processes that meet the needs of users and partners, implementing them, ensuring they improve the player experience and the internal partner experience (measure success), learning, and iterating.
• Experience that helps you work and succeed in a complex organization.
• Maintained calm. You know how to motivate and energize your teams, even when navigating uncertainty.
• Most notably, you'll have a rare mix of business analysis leanings and product design expertise that translate into getting the right content to the right players in the right places at the right times.
• Delivered results and measured success. You know how to use insights and data to tell a story.
• Tracked progress against defined goals for the business.
• Been part of transformational change and can get people and projects unstuck through relationship and trust building at all levels.
You also bring the following skills or experiences to our team:
• 7+ years of experience
• Familiar with enterprise content management systems, design systems, consumer-facing products, and multi-destination publishing platforms (create once, publish everywhere)
• Adept in research methods (especially user interviews) to answer questions like 'what information are users looking for?', 'can they find it quickly and easily?', and 'does it meet their needs?'
• Familiar with structured content and content models with an understanding of how they relate to user experience design and content pipelines
• Comfortable building and collaborating on the structural integrity and consistency of user-facing components like: navigation, sitemap/page hierarchy, internal linking strategy, page/section-level structure, page titles and metadata, search facets, and all wayfinding mechanisms (i.e. filters and tabs).
• Fluent in IA concepts and deliverables like navigation/sitemaps, wireframes, journey maps, flow diagrams, filtering and faceted search, data models, and content audits.
In a typical week, the Sr. UX Architect could…
• Interview game studios, marketing, and merchandising teams to understand common threads and opportunities across their content roadmaps.
• Create user journey maps, wireframes, and data schemas to illustrate how specific content elements support the player experience.
• Build the vision for a system of reusable but flexible content types, aligning everyone on that vision, and bringing it to life.
• Help determine and expand the IA discipline within EAX and throughout the company, and work with teams across EA.
• Dream up ways to make it easier for our teams to publish great content at scale.
• Lead complex content strategy projects from a UX architecture perspective, ensuring every project ships with a clear content management and data governance plan.
• Document property-level requirements ('view models') for how a single node of content might be displayed differently across the touchpoints of the player experience, depending on the context.
• Develop an ecosystem-wide strategy for an essential content type (e.g. how 'news articles' work for players, and how content managers should create them).
• Negotiate with designers, product managers, and tech leads to ensure metadata can be sourced and managed in a sustainable way.
• Measure the success of how information is presented to players on EA.com and our PC app, and promoting a roadmap of continuous improvement.
You'll build relationships and work with…
• Designers, PMs, and engineers to determine the information architecture of all important content strategy projects.
• Marketing and game studios to guide and consult on IA for the content they need published.
• The CMS and publishing teams to ensure authoring workflows and publishing processes support scalable, efficient content creation, including for content used and reused across the whole ecosystem of apps and game platforms.
• UXR, CI, and analytics to inform IA strategy and ensure site structure optimizations are measurably improving the player experience.
• Publishing teams to ensure IA solutions for players can be easily authored and built into our platform tools.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkey18-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.