Data Engineer - Security
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company with a clear vision for the future of gaming – connecting a billion people around the world to play. We seek to amaze our players and continue leading the growth and transformation of our industry through the EA Player Network.Team:
EAX is an awesome team within EA which leads several digital distribution and subscription products including Origin and EA Access. We bring the Player Network to life through amazing content, connected across devices, delivered through the cloud… all through a service that enables more players access to all of the games they want to play, as much as they want, and how they want.What you will do:
• You will report to the Head of Engineering
• Provide technical leadership and team management to a team of experienced engineers in a multi-functional leadership setting,
• Support both in-market (Origin) and next-generation unannounced products.
• Deliver cross-platform consumer experiences, including the ability to play games, commerce integration, social and in- game, supported by a combination of cross-platform native desktop apps, SDKs, websites, and backend services
• Partner with internal Product Management, Design, Backend, SRE, Quality Verification and Automation teams, and our vendors.
• Work with technical leadership and other groups to define, roadmap and deliver the best technical strategy and engineering standards to enable our business direction
• Balance how we deliver our product vision with scalable development practices that enable us to be agile & foster innovation
• Build a balanced architecture and delivery strategy for our next generation of products
• Help define the key performance and quality metrics and ensure that there is no unmotivated long-term drift against what we need to achieve
• Define and track engineering goals and success criteria and metrics.
• Identify and craft mitigation plans for technical risks including online security.
• Work with Production and other partners to break down high level requirements into development strategies.
• Be a role model, coach and mentor to other members of the team.
• Provide career management, development plans to direct reports and help set and track individual development goals.
• Define and support an effective team growth strategy.
• Attract and retain top engineering talent.Ideally you will have:
• 10+ years leading global engineering teams and supporting one or more products across multiple domains of expertise with a focus on cross-platform desktop applications and direct knowledge of web applications and scalable backend services integration.
• 7+ years hands-on experience developing C'/C++ cross-platform desktop application development
• A track record delivering live services and products at scale.
• Experience architecting end-to-end for complex tools and products
• Experience with and a passion for Continuous Delivery, and Agile development, including feature flags and experimentation frameworks
• Experience with operational considerations for shipping product to tens or hundreds of millions of users, including live service support considerations
• Experience integrating with service oriented architectures in a safe and scalable manner
• Champion of SOLID'/DRY'/GRASP development principles
• Proven understanding of common architectural and design patterns
• Deep understanding of multi-threading and asynchronous programming
• Expertise in optimizing solutions for performance '/ low footprint
• Excellent verbal, written and presentational skills
• Minimum BS degree in Computer Science or related fieldAttributes you'll have:
• Ability to turn ambiguity into opportunity and aim for results
• A positive leader who inspires change and is forward-looking, able to mitigate challenges through effective leadership and communication
• Team morale builder who positively inspires others
• Multi-functional decision maker
• Driver for consensus and able to find effective ways to break a consensus loop when needed
• Able to delegate effectively to a group of individuals either through direct reporting or cross functionally when needed
• Lifelong learner and with a continuous improvement mindsetNice to have:
• External and embedded development using contractors
• Experience with cross platform frameworks - Qt, React Native, Electron.
• Common graphics rendering pipelines like DirectX and OpenGL
• DRM and encryption experience
• js, Apollo, React'/React Native
• Git, P4, Jira
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.