At Electronic Arts we put our players first, and we're looking for the most talented and creative game developers in the world to help us become the world's #1 mobile gaming company. Mobile is the future of our industry and the future of our company. Our mobile team is growing fast, with 17 exciting studios around the world and a portfolio of blockbuster titles like FIFA, The Simpsons: Tapped Out, Madden, Real Racing, Plants vs. Zombies, the Sims and Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.
We're pushing the boundaries on every front, so you'll get a chance to stretch beyond your comfort zone and have the ability to learn while you contribute. Our team culture is collaborative and high-performance, and we expect everyone to think like game makers and approach development with a Player First perspective.
Capital Games in Sacramento is looking for our next Server Engineer.
We are looking for an experienced individual who will design, build, deploy, and run highly scalable and stable server architectures for connected functionality in our newest mobile game. The engineer will work as part of a game team to create and refine game server frameworks as well as contribute to the design and implementation of launch and post-launch strategies.
• Design, develop, and run a fast, massively scalable, highly available game service all the way from conception to delivery to live service operations
• Work with designers, client engineering, and production teams to achieve gameplay goals and objectives that are supported by the service
• Provide solutions that address network latency, reliability, and scalability issues
• Implement security best practices and original techniques to keep user data secure and prevent cheating
• Be held to high-quality standards through technical guidance, leadership, and mentoring
• Create and run automated testing, readiness testing, and deployment plans
• Monitor the performance and costs of the server infrastructure to drive continuous improvement
• 4+ years development of scalable back-end services
• BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• Proficiency in Java Server Development and Object Oriented Design
• Deep experience with Cloud services like Amazon Web Services or Google App Engine
• Experience with Database Design and caching and usage of large datasets in both relational (MySQL, Postgres) and NoSQL (Couchbase, DynamoDB) environments
• Familiarity with frameworks such as Guice/Spring
• Deep understanding of different networking technologies, protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, REST)
Nice to Haves:
• Experience developing online connectivity for iOS and/or Android games
• Working knowledge of mobile live service operation on a large scale
• Familiarity and experience with SRE/Devops role
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmxzmx-3-235-227-117-42 in your application.