Senior Gameplay Software Engineer (Animation) - Madden
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC.
EA SPORTS Madden NFL is the best-selling sports property in US Video game history. Madden NFL is an immersive, simulation-based, authentic NFL interactive experience, empowering fans to play out their NFL fantasy of winning the Super Bowl (and much more). Madden NFL has entertained fans over three decades with more than 130 million lifetime units sold.
Madden NFL is developed at EA's Tiburon Studio in Orlando, FL, and Madrid, Spain by a team that prides itself on innovation and creative collaboration. We are looking for talent with a passion for sports to create experiences that connect with millions of football fans around the world to grow the love of the sport.
We are seeking a Senior Gameplay Software Engineer to develop in-game character behaviors specializing in Animation and Character Physics.
In this position you will work side-by-side with Game Designers and Animators. You will take part in the full game creation process from design and architecture, writing technical documentation, code implementation, debugging and tuning gameplay behaviors and ensuring owned features are shipped under performance, memory and load time budgets.
• Collaborate with our distributed teams on the continued development of our Rigid Body Simulation and Character Physics.
• Full end to end ownership of physics-based gameplay features. Including fixing physics artifacts in the game.
• Balance between Physics and animation techniques to achieve believable character behavior and movement.
• Work closely with the designers and animators to build character behaviors and interactions.
• Conduct code reviews and mentor other engineering team members.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
• Experience with Physically driven animation systems.
• Passion for making and playing games.
• Robust solid C/C++ skills with ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code.
• At least 1 shipped title working as a Physics or Animation engineer or working on Physics simulation systems.
• Excellent math skills with an emphasis on 3D math.
• Experience with large code bases and optimizing code, data, and bandwidth to improve both memory consumption and execution speed.
• Console programming experience on a multiplayer game.
• Self-motivated and energetic team player with a very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r09x2e-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.