EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. Throughout that history, EA has delivered exciting fighting and combat sports experiences that have delighted millions of players all over the world.
Innovation, passion and team-work is at the heart of everything we do. Our studio in Vancouver is looking for the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
If you're passionate about your craft, this is a role of a lifetime.
At EA, Game Designers are craftsmen for the product. They are the individuals who take initial ideas and work them into features and experiences to surprise and delight millions of gamers around the world. Our Senior Designers help hold the vision and support other team members to create a great game.
As a Senior Game Designer, you will use your understanding and passion for designing player first experiences to add to the creative execution and business success of the game team.
You will report to a Game Design Director, involved at all stages from concepting, design documentation, supporting the team through execution, and tuning the features to make for a great game experience.
• Work with design leadership to help form the direction for the game area or game and ensuring that designs follow the product vision.
• Design complex systems and tune them for specific goals.
• Inspire and motivate the team to achieve high-quality results within constraints.
• Take a holistic approach to quality and delivery to ensure that the feature set and corresponding execution creates the best possible product.
• Identify problems and opportunities and ideate to identify interesting solutions.
• Preparing and analyzing research to understand market trends, player sentiments; and using that data to form a creative vision aligned with business objectives.
• Create designs that target specific product metrics and gamer motivations.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Designer working in medium/large teams within the video game industry, creating high quality games.
• Experience of mentoring other designers and providing insightful feedback on design efforts.
• Experience of console/ AAA game development.
• Proactive and able to own design areas from initial creation through to implementation.
• Understand how to design player experiences that support the strategic business objectives.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1owky-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.