Experience Designer - FIFA
EA Sports is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA Sports is the FIFA franchise. EA Sports FIFA is the world's #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC and mobile.
Innovation, passion and team-work is at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, and Cologne, we are looking for the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
If you're passionate about your craft, this is a role of a lifetime.
FIFA is the biggest console game in the world and its development is fueled by multiple passionate teams all working together to create amazing player experiences. We are in the midst of adding a new team into the fray, one that is longer-term oriented and has a prominent R&D component embedded within in.
As part of FIFA, the ultimate purpose of this team is to be a catalyst for meaningful and impactful innovation and change. It's going to work in support and evolution of the overall FIFA business and teams and its goal is to provide the technological and experiential capabilities to build the FIFA of tomorrow.
At EA, Game Designers are craftsmen for the product. They are the individuals who take initial ideas and work them into features and experiences to surprise and delight millions of FIFA gamers around the world. Our Senior Designers help hold the vision and support other designers and other team members to create a great game.
As a Senior Game Designer, you will use your understanding and passion for designing player first experiences to add to the creative execution and business success of the game team.
You will report to a Game Design Director, involved at all stages from coming up with concepts, documenting all the details, supporting the team through execution and tuning the features to make for a great game experience.
• Work with design leadership to help form the direction for the game area or game, and ensuring that designs follow the product vision.
• Design complex systems and tune them for specific goals.
• Inspire and motivate the team to achieve high-quality results within constraints..
• Take a holistic approach to quality and delivery to ensure that the feature set and corresponding execution creates the best possible product.
• Identify problems and opportunities and ideate to identify interesting solutions
• Investigate and analyze to validate ideas and opportunities.
• Create designs that target specific product metrics and gamer motivations.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Designer working in medium'/large teams within the video game industry, creating high quality games.
• Experience of mentoring other designers and providing insightful feedback on design efforts.
• Experience of console'/ AAA game development.
• Proactive and able to own design areas from initial creation through to implementation.
• Understand how to use the business model of the game, and how design and the business model work together.
• Understand why an idea will or won't work, and how to design to hit specific goals.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Join us in driving the next revolution in games.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.