Site Reliability Engineer
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
EA SPORTS Vancouver is looking for a Senior Director of Product Development. You'll report to our VP'/Head of Operations for EA Sports. We are looking for a professional with in-depth knowledge of game development acquired by having led the delivery of AAA game franchises or adjacent expertise in delivering technology. You have excellent relationship-building skills and the ability to build credibility and influence within and outside of our Studio. You are also comfortable using multiple leadership and partnering styles (e.g. coach, mentor, directive'/prescriptive ), and an ability to engage and influence at all levels. Outcomes will include managing to project on-time predictability and quality targets, operating and capital budgets, and resource plan while achieving established financial targets.
• In partnership with our local leadership team, implement roadmap and supporting execution plan.
• Partner and review with Studio operational leaders franchise planning and execution.
• Develop and publish KPI's that track project quality, delivery, and financial status and risks.
• In partnership with department leadership, represent the studio in recruiting, PR, and community engagement activities in the local region.
Product Development Responsibilities:
• Conduct plan reviews with each of our franchise teams according to milestone gates; ensure consistent delivery and the leadership team has a strategy to meet milestones and develop robust mitigation plans as risks surface.
• Align studio franchise requirements in partnership with external or central team partners. Provide resolution to project escalation between studio teams and partner organizations where necessary.
• Oversee process improvement for our business unit. Through direct and dotted-line reports drive transparent, predictable, and value-add processes for quality product delivery and drive efficiencies and new ways of thinking to increase profitability.
• Help shape the development processes for the group in partnership with the other partners and executive
Business Management Responsibilities:
• Oversee the BU resource management plan including the balance of staffing decisions across teams and franchises.
• Manage the budget planning process, working with the Sr. DPD, finance partners, and the Franchise leadership teams. Meet a BU-approved budget.
• Establish an environment where franchise leaders can manage and measure the AEM components of their games and are measured on their ability to achieve KPI's for these components.
• Work with corporate functions on infrastructure planning and execution (i.e., facilities and IT).
• 10+ years' experience in game development or related technology development
• Significant project and risk management experience
• Experience providing complex project solutions across multiple disciplines that consider process and technology
• Leadership skills: the ability to challenge and influence a variety of stakeholders.
• Self-starter who can solve problems.
• Excellent change management skills, i.e., comfortable with ambiguity and constant change, yet able to set priorities and meet commitments.
• Flexible and agile: the ability to adapt quickly and be effective in new situations in a dynamic environment.
• Accomplished at preparing'/presenting high impact business cases and recommendations to executive team
• • Able to quickly build relationships and establish trust, respect, competence, and confidence. • • Have passion, energy, enthusiasm to improve results; action-oriented.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.