Finance Manager, CTO
Sr. Data Analyst, Sports Analytics
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, NCAA® Football, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® golf, SSX, and EA SPORTS UFC. For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com.
The Challenge Ahead:
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will collaborate with analytics and product leadership to provide recommendations and data intel to our Sports development teams, specifically Madden NFL. You will ensure the most accurate data is being analyzed and tracked into applicable insights. We're looking for a thoughtful, curious person with a passion for diving into data to uncover insights and understand how our players are engaging with Madden's live services. Your analyses will help build financial forecasts and influence game design to promote improved acquisition, retention, and monetization.
What a Senior Data Analyst does at EA:
• Partner with analysts and live team leadership to identify strategic questions, essential metrics, and applicable insights.
• Produce recommendations and reports to help analysts, live team producers, and product managers make decisions regarding live content performance and feature investments.
• Model trends in our data to predict the ways in which new live service content and campaigns will affect KPIs.
• Present analysis conclusions to team members in a clear, interpretable, and applicable way that can be shared widely.
• Communicate regularly with analytics teams and partners to agree on prioritization, timelines, and analytics outputs.
• Work with large, distributed data sources to conduct analyses.
• Partner with and provides guidance to project managers, software engineers, and database engineers regarding data capture needs and ensures the analytics team has telemetry available to answer questions, build reports, and conduct analysis.
• Conduct analysis while following company-wide best practices such as version control, documentation, and reproducibility.
• BA or BS in Analytics, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Business Management, Information Systems, or a related field
• 3+ years of work experience in an analytical role, demonstrating expertise with data to guide decisions
• Experience in a consumer products-oriented industry; gaming, entertainment, or e-commerce.
• Excellent SQL skills, including experience querying complex data sets on a platform such as Redshift, Snowflake, or Presto; experience on a big data (or NoSQL) platform such as Hadoop or Splunk
• Experience in building financial models using different data sources and tools
• Experience in data mining, machine learning, or statistical modeling
• Experience with data visualization applications (e.g. Tableau, Looker, R Shiny)
• Experience with programmatic data analysis tools (e.g. R, Python, Spark Scala)
• Knowledge/interest with EA Sports' franchises (specifically Madden)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw88kn-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.