Title – Senior Accountant
Location – Hyderabad
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experienced originators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About EA India - Electronic Arts India, a technology company and video game developer in India, brings together experienced individuals from diverse backgrounds with a shared experience inspiring the world to play. We prioritise your well-being with our great compensation package and benefit programmes, including potential annual performance bonuses and stock awards, and premium healthcare for you and your loved ones. you can also take advantage of our vibrant and dynamic studio facility which includes relaxation spaces, games, and a cafeteria to refuel and recharge.
About role –A important opportunity with Electronic Arts (India) in Record to Report function. You will be responsible for General ledger activities which includes dealing with Lease Accounting, Inter-Company Accounting, Fixed Assets Accounting, Preparation of Bank Reconciliations, Manual Journal Entries, VAT Computation. Experience in Statistical Surveys will be an added advantage. You will also assist with month end close activities and supporting other team members in carrying out the responsibilities of the organisation.
You will report to Supervisor, Controllership
Main Responsibilities of this Role:
• You have prior experience in General Ledger Accounting process.
• Subject Matter Expert (SME) in preparation of Bank reconciliations.
• Dealt with Balance sheet Reconciliations (Cash, Fixed assets, Inter Company, Current assets, Current liabilities)
• Experience in lease accounting. Implement ASC 842,
• Expert knowledge in preparation of Accrual and Prepaid journal entries, in compliance with the journal entry policy.
• Knowledge on Prepayments and periodical amortisation of prepayments.
• Knowledge of Fixed assets accounting cycle (capitalization, depreciation accounting, disposals, retirement).
• Knowledge on Inter Company Accounting activities, VAT computation and MI reporting.
• Analyse the movement in GL balances and help with Balance Sheet commentaries.
• Knowledge of Balance sheet items / Income statement line items.
• Follow the internal controls and help review important controls and SOX compliance, help us to coordinate the audit process.
• Tag Fixed assets such as furniture, hardware, to allow proper tracking and to prevent them from being misappropriated.
• Recommend changes to all processes improving the GL to simplify while improving transparency.
Desired Candidate Profile:
• Semi Qualified Chartered Accountant/Bachelor/master's degree in commerce with 8 to 10 years of relevant business experience.
• Advanced accounting and financial skills required. Hunger to apply accounting principles and practices. Experience in USGAAP concepts.
• Hands-on experience on Oracle R12 and Cadency Certification, HFM tool will be an added advantage.
• Customer-focused, changing schedules and multiple work plans with moderate management.
About Electronic Arts –
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our modern games, services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We're looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits programme, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to succeed in both work and life.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnnzv5-44-200-77-92-42 in your application.