Quality Engineer / SE II
Development Technology and Services (DTS) powers EA studios to create even greater player experiences. We help shape the future from the way games are created, to how they are played and viewed.
We are a global team and also the largest studio within EA! DTS proudly consists of the following teams: Engineering Services (ES), Studios Data Insights, and Quality, Verification, and Standards.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer who has a passion for delivering quality products. You will write code to test the EA games using automation frameworks, create (and improve) our test automation environment, and build and release outstanding tools while working with a global team to inspire creativity around issue prevention, verification, and automation solutions. You will report to the Melbourne-based Associate Technical Director.
• Work with development and quality verification teams in an Agile Scrum environment to design, own and improve reliable tools and platforms
• Build (and maintain) automation frameworks and processes used across studios
• Instrument games and tools to enable automation and the collection of runtime metrics
• Coordination with offsite teams on delivering test automation results, from implementation to execution
• Design new tools to support development and quality verification goals
• Maintain test libraries and scripts and device testing hardware
• Uphold high-quality standards through knowledge sharing activities within the EA-wide quality engineering community
• 4 or more years of professional experience with C# and C++
• Professional experience developing GUI tools, and knowledge of relevant frameworks (Qt, WPF, Xamarin, Electron) OR experience creating web interfaces (TypeScript, AngularJS)
• Professional experience working with relational databases (SQL) and reporting/visualizing large datasets
• Fast prototyping skills and proficiency with scripting languages such as Python or Lua
• A solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in algorithms, data structures, and software design
• Software development knowledge, design patterns, writing clean re-usable code, test-driven development, and continuous integration/deployment
• Experience participating in all aspects of Scrum
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.