EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connecting millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. The EA SPORTS UFC franchise offers the thrilling spectacle and entertainment of MMA for over 20 million players across the globe, delivering fluid and responsive mixed martial arts through cutting-edge gameplay technology.
Located in Vancouver, British Columbia, the EA SPORTS UFC team is on a mission to become the world's greatest fighting game. If you're passionate about building immersive digital entertainment, this is the role of a lifetime.
• Hands on coding (C++); requirements gathering and designing new tech; maintain/build/own a tech module
• You will be involved in the whole creation process from architecture design, implementation, debugging, and tuning on multiple platforms and device, working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in the Online and Game Modes domain.
• You will design, architect and document technical designs for Online multiplayer Game Modes systems
• You will work with a proprietary engine to develop stable, scalable, efficient and shareable code
• You will work with people on a large team both locally and remotely
• You will work independently and communicate status
• You will identify, communicate and solve issues
• Use of common software engineering design patterns and paradigms
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
• Proficiency with C++ and experience in object-oriented design and implementation
• Strong experience with Client/Server, Peer-to-Peer and multithreaded architectures
• Experience with modern Database technologies
• Knowledge of networking protocols
• Knowledge of good software programming practices
• Experience with 3rd party APIs
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.