EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
The Online Software Engineer will help build our networked play development team. We are looking for engineers who enjoy prototyping and planning, adding amazing new features to an existing and beloved game, and improving existing code. You will report to the Operations Development Director and Technical Lead to estimate, build projects and provide excellent results.
• Hands-on coding (C++); requirements gathering and designing new tech; maintain and build a tech module.
• You will be involved in the whole creation process from architecture design, implementation, debugging, and tuning on multiple platforms and device, working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in the Online and Game Modes domain.
• You will design, architect and document technical designs for Online multiplayer Game Modes systems.
• You will work with a proprietary engine to develop stable, scalable, efficient and shareable code.
• You will work with people on a large team both locally and remotely.
• You will work independently and communicate status.
• You will identify, communicate and solve issues.
• Use of common software engineering design patterns and paradigms.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
• Proficiency with C++ and experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
• Experience with Client/Server, Peer-to-Peer and multithreaded architectures.
• Experience with modern Database technologies.
• Knowledge of networking protocols.
• Knowledge of good software programming practices.
• Experience with 3rd party APIs.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyx6xm-3-235-179-111-42 in your application.