EA SPORTS NHL has revolutionized sports gaming for millions of players worldwide. We've pioneered award-winning creative technology and experiences to connect players to the speed, skill, and heart of the NHL.
The EA SPORTS NHL franchise is founded on passion and new ideas. Located in Vancouver, British Columbia, the team is composed of diverse talent dedicated to creating on-ice experiences that connect gamers around the world through play. If you're a creative pioneer with a passion for your craft, this will be more than a job. It'll be what you love.
The Online Engineer is involved in the whole creation process from architecture design, implementation, debugging, and tuning on multiple platforms and device, working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in the Online and Game Modes domain.
WHAT AN ONLINE ENGINEER DOES
• Able to understand and work with 3rd party software APIs.
• Designing, architecting, and documenting technical designs for Online/Game systems.
• Working with a proprietary engine to develop stable, scalable, efficient and shareable code.
• Working with people on a large team both locally and remotely.
• Working independently with minimal supervision and communicate status.
• Properly using common software engineering design patterns and paradigms.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Proficiency with C++ and experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
• Strong experience with Client/Server, Peer-to-Peer, and multithreaded architectures.
• Experience with modern Database technologies.
• Knowledge of networking protocols.
• Demonstrated knowledge of good software programming practices.
• Excellent detail-oriented, problem-solving skills – must be able to quickly identify issues and resolve them.
• Experience with 3rd party APIs.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
• 2+ years of experience working on Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo game consoles or other embedded systems would a big plus.
• Experience of real-time game networking would be awesome!
• Experience with Visual Studio and deep knowledge of debugging tools.
• Experience with source control systems will come in handy.
• Experience with scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua) and interpreted languages (C#)
…and, in general, the potential to sweep us off our feet!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d98zvk-3-229-142-91-42 in your application.