DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Star Wars: Battlefront franchise, and the very creative game Mirror's Edge.
We work through our 4 guiding values: Passion with Purpose, Creative Innovation, Everything Quality, and One Community. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. As such, we are dedicated to providing everyone the chance to express themselves and be their very best with a common cause.
The Narrative team at DICE creates the fiction that ties our games together. Our mission is to create engaging characters, immersive worlds and compelling stories which resonate with players all over the world. We are expanding our Narrative team and need an experienced Designer to join us on our journey.
As a Narrative Designer at DICE you'll work with designers and artists to create characters and bring them to life, build location histories and backstories and seed that fiction into the world, create in-game text for missions, rewards and items, and work with cinematic to create tight engaging sequences that pull everything all together. Through all these things you'll manage the maintenance of a unified style and tone. You will report to the Lead Narrative Designer on each project and your functional manager.
• Strong understanding of game narrative and various mechanics of storytelling.
• A passion for playing and making games.
• Taking ideas from start to finish on your own.
• Excellent with taking and providing feedback.
• Shipped at least one AAA project with a writing role.
• 3+ years writing experience in games, film & television, applications or web.
• Experience with Microsoft Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets).
Good to have experience with
• Creating compelling stories, worlds and characters.
• Writing game backstories, lore, and flavor text.
• Writing cinematic scripts and sequences.
• Branching narratives.
• Writing in-game dialog
• Creating in-game scripts, bios, casting briefs and lore documentation.
• Conveying game mechanics and systems through efficient in-game prompts.
• Maintaining voice, style and tone throughout multiple forms of media. From in-game text to combat dialogue and cinematic sequences.
• Breaking down and conveying narrative constructs to those who are less familiar with them.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7e0xk-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.