As a member of the Runtime & Tools Group (RTG), you will develop ground-breaking game features, engine enhancements, and/or tooling in close collaboration with EA's game development teams.
You will be part of a distributed and agile team, with the purpose of solving high risk, high reward technical challenges from proof of concept to implementation for titles across EA. An important priority for this group is to partner with EA's specialized research teams to create meaningful applications relevant to game development.
Our team is seeking an exceptional Software Engineer III to join us in our mission. This person will drive technical execution of projects across Frostbite and EA Studios.
What the Software Engineer will do at RTG
• As Software Engineer, you will take a primary role in development, help define and optimize Frostbite features and own delivery
• Work closely with various Team Leads and Technical Directors, and outsourcing groups to deliver features that drive engagement and fun
• Provide troubleshooting, debugging and problem-solving assistance
• Lead by example within the team by producing simple, extensible, maintainable code with few defects and contributes to effective test plans
• Maintain positive lines of communication and relationships with teammates across EA Studios and Frostbite
• Proactively identify and triage problems before they become critical
• Design, author, test, and deploy robust and maintainable solutions
• Learn and Grow; thriving in ambiguity, you will help us solve the problems that don't fit the typical game development cycle
Who You Are?
• 7+ years of C++ software engineering experience, including code design, data structures and organization.
• A generalist skill set; experience with some or all of the following: Graphics, Networking, Animation, Physics, Resource Management, Gameplay, Audio, or Tools
• A strong desire to improve your skill set and help your teammates grow theirs; we succeed together
• Strong ability to work with internal and externally developed code in a collaborative fashion
• Strong expertise with C++ and experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
• Profiling skill and a knowledge of successful optimization strategies both at a high and low level; an understanding of when, what, and how to optimize
• Excellent debugging and multi-threading skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g60xjq-18-208-132-74-42 in your application.