Full Circle is a new studio based in Vancouver, with team members around the globe, embracing a remote-working, geo-diverse team and culture. We are all about having fun, taking chances and making great games that people want to play with their friends. Working on the next evolution of Skate, we are set to provide an experience to embrace and build upon everything that makes this franchise so special.
LIVING WORLD & NARRATIVE ANIMATOR – SKATE
This position is open to qualified individuals anywhere in the Americas where EA operates as an employer.
Please add a link to your reel on your resume!
We're looking for an experienced Narrative Animator to join an experienced animation team building a contemporary vision of EA's Skate franchise. We are looking for a candidate capable of high-quality motion editing who can also produce high-quality keyframe animation.
You will report to your lead animator, and work with the Living World team to help realize the vision set by the Design and Animation Directors.
• Bring life to the world through living world NPCs and quest-giver animation from a motion capture base that conforms to the style and quality benchmark set for the project.
• Craft engaging cinematics that compliment the look and feel of the game.
• Work with the Design team to establish and create animations that align with design requirements.
• Work with our Technical Animators and Animation Engineers to ensure that all NPC behaviors appear as dynamic and believable as possible in-game.
• Work with Technical Artists/Animators and Engineers to manage and solve any technical problems that arise.
• Integrate your animation content using EA's proprietary Frostbite engine editor.
• Stand-up timelines in-engine for cinematic integration.
• Help identify problems and forging solutions.
• At least 3+ years of experience working on AAA console games.
• Experience in motion editing and keyframing characters to a very high standard.
• Experience with character performance principles and plussing.
• A high level of proficiency in MotionBuilder and Maya.
• Experience working with designers/engineers to brainstorm ideas to then iterate in-engine.
• Identify issues and help manage and resolve them.
• Experience in a AAA action adventure or story-driven title.
• Experience with FACS-based facial animation.
• Experience using proprietary animation/creation tools like Unreal and Unity – working with state-graphs and timeline editors.
• An understanding of cinematography principles and camera animation.
• Experience working with project tracking software like Jira (or similar).
• A gamer with experience playing many different types of video games.
• Skateboard knowledge or experience!