Client Software Engineer - Star Wars Mobile
Redwood City, CA
Live Services Engineer - Star Wars Mobile
We're looking for an accomplished Live Services Engineer to join an experienced team of developers working on an exciting new mobile game. This is an opportunity for you to join a veteran team and build the framework that enables the Live Operations team and production to build a compelling, creative, and immersive experience. You'll partner with Designers, Live Operations, and other Engineers in a distributed team that's focused and progressive.
You will report to our studio's Technical Director.
What you'll do:
• You will build scalable, reusable systems that allow live operations and developers to manage the game
• You will us establish best practices for game system implementation
• Write technical designs based on gathered requirements
• Provide high-quality code review feedback to our software development team members
• You'll be comfortable working in a distributed team environment with designers and operators to understand workflows and needs
Your background and who you are
• You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
• 4+ years of game development experience with 2+ years in a related role
• You are consistent and committed to completion of your projects
• Desire to work with other game developers in a cooperative team environment
Great to have
• Experience with Unity and C#
• Experienced in mobile development for iOS and Android
• Experience implementing online multiplayer game systems with a focus on live services management is a great advantage
• Typescript proficiency
• Avid gamer with a passion for creating top-quality games
• 4x and strategy genre experience
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.