Associate Technical Designer
You will support NCAA College Football within EA Sports. EA Sports is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA Sports creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports video games.
What you will do:
• You will guide a team of ui technical designers to develop the user interface.
• You will manage the performance and expectations of the ui technical design team
• You will prove out and champion best practices for UI architecture with a goal of organization, reusability and with the thought of developing for a live product (easily updatable).
• You will advocate for user experience, product consistency, and design excellence.
• You will coordinate with the Experience Design Director, Technical Director, and Lead Software Engineer to ensure Technical Plans align with the creative vision.
• You will work with the UI team (Artist, Engineers, Designers) to solve problems, refine workflows, and polish the UI to create an outstanding user experience, from concept to ship.
• You will use both proprietary software and third-party tech to implement the visual design of the UI / HUD within the game.
• 8+ years of progressive responsibility in UI technical design and implementation
• 3+ years of experience managing successful teams
• Expert knowledge of scripting languages such as Java, ActionScript, C#, Swift, and HAXE to build complex user interfaces
• Good understanding of UX methodology, and Design theory.
• Experience shipping multiple products from concept to completion
• Experience designing and managing large-scale projects
• Well versed in facilitation techniques that allow groups to build clarity and understanding
• A portfolio of work that showcases relevant work that contains well thought out process and excellent craft execution
• BS or BA degree (or equivalent experience) in Human-Computer Interaction, UX/UI/Design Diploma or Degree, or a related area
• You will report to the Director of Experience Design
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rznee7-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.