Lead SWE - Cloud & Infrastructure Capacity Management
The Cloud & Infrastructure Capacity Management Product team within the Production Infrastructure & Engineering group is responsible for building and owning these systems that power a variety of product features, including infrastructure utilization analytics, automation, notifications, and capacity recommendation engine. This team is in a unique position within EA to do deep technical work on infrastructure optimization as well as to interact and work with various products and studio teams and have a broad impact across the company.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Infrastructure Optimization, you will work closely with the engineering leadership and business leaders on capacity management platforms. As the lead SWE for the Cloud & Infrastructure Optimization team under the Production Infrastructure & Engineering team at EA, you will be setting the overall technical direction for solving a number of technically interesting projects optimizing our infrastructure systems and cloud services. You will be responsible for working across functional teams including SRE, data engineers, infrastructure planning team, and product manager.
• You will own part of products that require design, architecture, and coding.
• You are expected to inspire and develop team members.
• You will work with peers across teams to define and develop technical stacks.
• You will lead a cross-functional team to scale distributed systems, make architectural trade-offs.
• You are expected to be hands-on in software development and code review.
• 8-10 + years experience as a software engineer
• 5+ years experience in Python, Go, or Java.
• 3+ years of cloud infrastructure experience (AWS/Azure/GCP).
• Experience writing unit, integration, and acceptance tests.
• Fluency in developing both object-oriented and functional code, on server and client.
• Experience partnering with product and business teams to plan and execute towards common goals.
• Great communication skills including documentation, presentation, and collaboration across different functional teams.
• 3+ years as a tech lead, or a similar combination, preferably with experience with backend infrastructure in the cloud.
• 3+ Experience with open-source databases (MySQL, Postgres, Redis, or others).
• 2+ years of experience with Kubernetes preferred.
• Track record of building, scaling, and operating complex distributed systems.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d284p2-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.