EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning innovation, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences dedicated to growing the love of sports. EA SPORTS creates authentic, immersive, and fun experiences that invite a diverse audience of players to create, connect, compete, and self-express through industry-leading sports video games and live services, including FIFA, Madden NFL, NHL, PGA Tour, College Football and EA SPORTS UFC. For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com.
Our engineers maintain a broad view of the game and engine systems and look for ways to improve performance, utility, and capabilities to our players and workflow enhancements to our development team, reporting to the development director of the project.
You would be working on a growing core team that provides features across multiple EA Sports titles.
We are looking for passionate engineers who enjoy prototyping and planning, collaborating with other engineers, and building primary systems (often using other systems), workflows, and capabilities that allow us to work smarter and more efficiently to bring substantial improvements to our game.
• Implements core EA technologies in an architecturally sound way to enable collaborative development efforts.
• Actively share domain knowledge, teach and mentor engineers within the team.
• Collaborates with design and other technical teams to provide feedback and then creates clear technical designs.
• Delivers well-tested and high-quality technical implementations that meet design requirements.
• Actively looks for ways to increase team efficiency through tooling or workflow enhancements.
• You have 5+ years of progressively complex experience in game development or related industry.
• Passion for the development craft and can demonstrate good development practices.
• You have a strong grasp of C++ language, best practices, and architectural considerations.
• You communicate well with non-technical partners, such as artists, designers, and producers.
• You demonstrate problem solving and debugging skills.
• General understanding of parallel programming and resource management considerations.
• BS degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience).
• Technical leadership experience.
• Shipped and supported a AAA title.
• Experience developing with an established 3D engine such as Unreal or Frostbite.
• Experience with performance and memory profiling tools.
• Experience navigating and understanding a large client/server codebase.
• Familiarity with network programming.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5oxv-35-171-146-141-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.