I believe that working on EA Sports FIFA is both a great responsibility and opportunity. There are not many games that are global and have become part of the culture of something much wider than just games and gamers. FIFA is not only an fun and enjoyable experience, it's a way in which people talk and learn about football. It's a way in which fans connect with the sport, a common language for communication and debate, and a way of deepening their love of the game.
However, FIFA isn't just about the way that we represent the professional authentic game, although that's important. It's how we represent love of the sport in ways that capture the spirit and the emotion, not just the simulation. This requires us to think creatively about what it means to love the sport and game, and come up with new ways to feed our fans passion and live out their footballing fantasies. Career Mode allows you to take your team and achieve everything you want as a manager, Pro Clubs joins you with other individuals and allows you to experience the game as individual part of a wider collective. FIFA Ultimate Team takes a more fantasy and game related attitude towards building a team and competing with others. VOLTA allows you to express yourself in a version of football that's authentic to what YOU want to be and do, focused on the fun of playing with friends.
Our efforts to be the game that captures how fans love to interact with football means that we are constantly looking for creative solutions to delight our fans, and I think this is what makes it such a wonderful experience for designers. Football fans come from all parts of the world, and what they love about football and the game is diverse.
I've loved being a designer on FIFA, seeing us grow each year as a team and as a product. I genuinely feel that it's a wonderful place to be a designer, and I am excited to bring on new additions to help us continue to grow and delight our fans.
– Adam Shaikh. Group Design Director, FIFA
We are looking for someone to help bring new and diverse thinking and experience to the franchise, who has experience working on 3C's design in 3rd person or similar titles.
You needn't be versed in FIFA or football, but be willing to understand and grasp its gameplay nuances and apply your learning and experience to help shape the future of our gameplay. You will offer up fresh and exciting methodology and approaches to help take our gameplay to new and even greater heights.
As a Gameplay Designer on FIFA, you will report to a Game Design Lead or Director and work within the design team to deliver gameplay features, tuning and balancing, and improvement of our ongoing 3C's design.
• Work with design leadership to help create new gameplay elements, methodology and approaches.
• Design complex gameplay systems centred around 3C's (camera, controls, & character) and tuning them for specific goals.
• Create new ideas and take external ideas and goals and working towards those.
• Take a holistic approach to quality and delivery to ensure that the feature set and corresponding execution creates the best possible product.
• Use qualitive and quantitative methods to validate and improve ideas.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Designer especially in gameplay or 3C's
• Experience with 3rd person games or similar (action, shooter, platform etc.)
• Experience working on designs from initial creation through to implementation.
• Experience with prototyping and tuning of gameplay/3C elements
• Understand why an idea will or won't work, and how to design to hit specific goals.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2ye6y-3-229-124-74-42 in your application.