Game Economy Designer (Madden)
Madden is looking for a Game Economy Designer with experience to join the game team. You'll promote the delivery of game value to the customer, encouraging players to keep coming back and engage with the core game loop. You will employ methodologies of economics, sociology, and business intelligence to create and maintain a healthy game economy. The economy systems will be tightly integrated with systems for player customization, game progression, reward structures, and overall gameplay balance.
• Design, increase, and implement main features that further the strategic vision of the product to improve retention, acquisition, and monetization.
• Model, build, and tune complex game economy systems with multiple currencies, progression systems, sinks, faucets and monetization points.
• Build the post-launch economy, including the incorporation of limited time events, reward structures, and purchases, and adjustments to support new features throughout the product lifecycle.
• Partner with analytics team to collect and analyze economy, engagement, and monetization data; report on performance, suggest and implement optimizations.
• Be the contact and resident authority on the game economy, including the economy health, corresponding daily game updates, and content pricing.
• Establish and tune the economy, including drivers of purchase behavior, gameplay earn rates, purchase packages, pricing, virtual products, special events, etc., to improve on meaningful metrics such as engagement time, retention, LTV, etc.
• Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Marketing, Business, or Social Science strongly preferred.
• 3+ years designing digital games; 1+ years optimizing live service games.
• Understand game balance and pacing in online games.
• Expertise with spreadsheets (can maintain complex spreadsheets) and in manipulating and summarizing large datasets.
• Break problems down and identify important relationships and levers that influence the outputs.
• Model problems into quantitative systems, anticipate downstream effects, and draw conclusions.
• Statistic knowledge, able to create ratios and indexes specific to each game, identifying specific weaknesses and strengths in its economy design.
• You have R, SPSS, SAS or other statistical analysis software competency.
• You have experience working with SQL.
• You have Programming experience (Python, C#, VBA, or others).
• You have experience with several testing methods such as multivariate, A/B, statistical hypothesis and play testing; experienced with cluster analysis, regressions, distribution modeling, sensitivity analysis.
• You have knowledge of microeconomics and pricing theory.
• You have understanding of client/server architecture and data collection pipeline and mining.
• Passion for games on all existing formats: board games, card games, sports, paper RPGs, all genres of video games with special focus on live service games.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3v7n5-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.