Senior Level Designer
Game Director (Official internal title is Gameplay Director)
''Motive'' is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. We're not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Instead, we choose to prioritize innovation through experimentation, creativity and fun. Motive provides a safe, trusting and empowering environment where everyone feels supported to make brave decisions and to take these creative jumps. Curious about what the future of games could look like? Great, so are we.
We are looking for an experienced Game Director, to join us in our mission to create amazing games and experiences. You will report to our Creative Director and will lead a team of dedicated developers, creating the vision and leading the development of compelling and immersive gameplay, both moment-to-moment and long-term. Your mix of creative and leadership experience in AAA titles allows you to inspire the team, communicate vision, inspire creativity, and develop incredible experiences for our players.
What you'll do:
• Champion the design direction on an ongoing basis, inspiring the team through creative design and leadership that empowers others.
• Direct the design of all gameplay features on a title, from moment-to-moment combat and locomotion to broad-strokes game systems and economies.
• Work with leadership to determine creative direction for our games.
• Can guide early prototyping efforts towards innovation.
• Rally and create visible wide-spread support for direction.
• Oversee design vision and implementation by working directly with designers, producers, programmers and artists.
• Coach and guide the gameplay team, helping them resolve complex problems and grow their skills.
• Represent the game in communications. This includes delivering presentations and taking responsibility for internal reviews with company leadership, partner companies, and handling external interviews with the media.
• Review the work of the gameplay team, setting clear quality targets and providing essential feedback to reach them.
• You are knowledgeable about new trends driving player expectations and behaviors.
• Sensitivity to mass-market appeal, and the ability to improve within it, designing games that are culturally relevant to the audience.
• 10+ years industry experience working in the field of game design on AAA titles.
• 5+ years of experience leading a gameplay or systems design team.
• Experience taking AAA games from concept to completion.
• Specific expertise in combat design, and broad general game design knowledge.
• You welcome feedback and criticism, and enjoy working in a collaborative, iterative, and agile process.
• You can break down complex problems into consumable pieces for others.
• Experience working with user testing / research departments to refine and improve the game's design.
• A passion for games. Just as important, a desire to make games with an impact at an industry level.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rooq03-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.